Top 5 Cities To Visit In Italy
Italy is a globally recognized study abroad destination that offers more than world class academic curriculum to its international students who come here in large numbers to pursue their higher education. The country is composed of manyt beautiful cities that are worth visiting while you study in Italy. Below we have accumulated a short list of top 5 cities that you must visit while you are enjoying the italian education in the country.
1. ROME, a beautiful city that used to be the capital of the grand Roman Empire apart from being the capital city of Italy today. Being designed in a very complex way, Rome will offer you a glimpse of both history and modern era. While you study in Italy, don't forget to acquaint yourselves with the ancient Roman sculptures, the Vatican City, ancient plazas, renaissance architecture and breathtaking cathedrals that have held the city as pinnacle of culture, power and religion for more than 2500 years.
2. VENICE, the city that is built on a large lagoon and surrounded by the Adriatic Sea, is a beautiful archipelago of 118 islands interconnected with the most scenic bridges and canals. Venice is more than like a dream city to visit while you study in Italy as it is full of mesmerizing waterways and archaic architecture. Don't miss Saint Mark's Square, Basilica, Doge's Palace and Rialto Bridge while you are enjoying the famnous Gondola ride along Venice's canals.
3. MILAN is the classic example of a city rising from the ashes as it was nearly destroyed during the 2nd world war, transforming itself into one of the world's wealthiest cities. Milan is known for its mega fashion centre, designer shops, and world renowned treasures like La scala Opera house, Castello Sforzesco Leonardo da Vinci’s painting, The Last Supper and not to forget the world’s largest Gothic cathedral. Milan is a must visit during your stay in Italy!
4. SICILY is an autonomous region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea that is composed of several smaller isles. Sicily is home to rich art history and culture birthing from great Mediterranean civilizations. Don't forget to visit Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples, Palermo’s Baroque churches and the most mesmerizing Mount Etna, which also happens to be the Europe’s tallest active volcano.
5. NAPLES is one of the busiest metropolitan cities of Italy that offers a grand treasure chest of wonderful artwork and historical sites. While you study in Italy, visit Naples to experience a young and charismatic atmosphere in its shops, restaurants and nightlife scenes. Did you know that major Italian dishes like pizza, spaghetti and parmigiana originated from Naples?